Smart Pacer, a smarter way to deliver ads
When it comes to daily ad spend, app marketers care about two things: delivering ads in the most efficient way and hitting daily spend caps. Unfortunately, this has been a mutually exclusive proposition as marketers are forced to optimize for one or the other:
- Pace spend aggressively to guarantee hitting daily caps by overpaying for users and miss out on potential quality users later in the day
- Pace spend conservatively throughout the day, driving better value and risk not hitting daily caps
Consequently many app marketers sacrifice efficiency for short term growth which is not sustainable. On the one hand, you need to pace spend throughout the entire day to train ML to see all of the potential users. On the other hand, you need to hit your KPIs by hitting daily caps. How should you make that tradeoff?
At Liftoff, we don’t believe you have to make that decision.
That’s why today we’re excited to launch Smart Pacer (in beta), a smarter way to deliver ads.
How does Smart Pacer work?
Smart Pacer is a powerful tool that delivers your ads effectively and efficiently. It does three things:
- Paces spend proportionally based on the number of users seen throughout the day
- Paces spend to hit the daily cap close to midnight, ensuring that all quality users are considered and bid on
- Constantly adjusts bid targets to achieve optimal performance
What does this mean for you?
Smart Pacer enables you to get the best of both worlds – deliver ads efficiently and hit daily caps, but more importantly, it enables you to achieve performance at scale. ML is the path to scale but is only as good as the data it’s trained on. By training ML to see all the possible users in the exchanges, Liftoff is able to find not just the best possible users for your app but all the best possible users for your app.